We're always interested in meeting smart, driven, creative communications professionals. If that's you, drop us a line and tell us why at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maven Communications is currently seeking an account executive to join our team in Center City, Philadelphia. Maven provides high impact public relations and integrated communications services to our client roster of B-to-B and B-to-C companies across a variety of industries, including real estate, law, technology, the arts, and nonprofit. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter, team player, and a strategic thinker.
• Understand and support client goals and objectives
• Have knowledge of clients’ industry, competitors, and marketplace
• Apply problem solving skills and offer suggestions before a problem occurs
• Identify relevant trends in the market and understand how they apply to the client
• Have the ability to work on multiple accounts simultaneously
• Support/act as the day-to-day client contact
• Participate in face-to-face client meetings and conference calls
• Coordinate client meetings, compile agendas, and conduct follow-up
• Work with a team to strategize short-term and long-term strategies for clients
• Research, write, and distribute press releases, pitches, and other written materials to targeted media
• Develop relationships with the media who cover the client and marketplace and serve as the liaison between the two
• Assist in the planning and management of client events, including press conferences and promotional events
• Understand client’s social media strategy and how it ties into the larger marketing strategy of the company
• Participate in all client social media channels including regular postings and feedback
• 2-4 years corporate communications or agency experience
• B-to-B or professional service industry experience preferred
• Social media proficiency for business
• Strong story telling or media pitching capabilities
• Excellent writing skills
A great working environment where people work hard and have fun!
- Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience
- Social Fridays - lunch provided; in-office happy hour starts at 4pm
- Summer Friday schedule
- Day off on your birthday
- Laptop provided
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
We are currently accepting resumes for summer interns.
A summer internship at Maven gives a genuine experience of what it's like to work at a small, busy, and innovative communications firm. Summer interns provide support for all team members and perform tasks such as:
- press release and media materials writing
- media monitoring
- creating and maintaining media lists and clip reports
- social media research and writing
- blog post research and writing
- participation in team meetings and brainstorm sessions
- opportunity to attend client meetings and events
- current college students majoring in PR, communications, journalism, marketing, or digital media
- strong writing (writing samples will be requested)
- interest in learning more about B2B and B2C communications for companies in real estate, professional services, and nonprofit
- knowledge and comfort using the entire Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and Google docs.
- previous internships a plus
Our summer internship program runs from June through August (start and end date are flexible based on school schedules). Interns are required to work a minimum of 30 hours/week and are paid a monthly stipend to cover travel costs.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.