Maven Communications, a Philadelphia-based PR and communications agency established in 2006, is currently seeking an Account Supervisor to join our team of communication professionals. Maven provides high impact public relations, community relations, content marketing, internal communications and crisis management services to our client roster of B-to-B and B-to-C companies. The primary industries we serve include real estate, financial and professional services, and nonprofit. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter, team player, and a strategic thinker.
Job Title: Account Supervisor
Reports To: Account Director / Vice President
Summary: The Account Supervisor (AS) is responsible for leading several client relationships under the direction of an Account Director or Vice President. The AS works with clients to achieve their goals through overseeing strategy development and campaign execution. The AS is also responsible for mentoring and providing guidance to other members of the client team as well as identifying organic growth areas among clients.
Responsibilities/Duties of an Account Supervisor:
- Responsible for exceptional client service and account management activities for active accounts
- Support the development and implementation of strategic communications programs for clients including media positioning, thought leadership opportunities, content creation and distribution on time and on budget
- Has a clear understanding of the client’s business and communications goals
- Work with your team to identify and place clients in targeted high-level media and online opportunities
- Develop draft of presentations, creative briefs, PR materials, reports and other internal/external communications
- Provide clear direction to team members and provide guidance to help support the growth of junior staff.
- Media writing including attention-grabbing media materials, long and short form articles, client correspondence, reporting documents, points-of-view strategy documents, agency and client blog posts and other integrated marketing materials
- Support overall account development, fiscal performance and growth
- Ability to manage 4-5 accounts simultaneously
- Add creative insight and problem-solving to all the above on a consistent basis
Essential skills needed for success in this position:
- Ability to identify and react to client’s needs based on ability to understand their personality, work style, and desired ROI of the PR campaign
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to adopt appropriate communication style for various audiences
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of integrated marketing communications channels and how to incorporate them into strategic campaigns, including organic and paid social media, content development, earned and paid traditional media.
- Knowledge of the different ways to measure the success of a PR program and ability to present ROI to clients
- Understanding of how to build trust with clients who have diverse needs and personalities including best ways to set standards for responsiveness, understanding business priorities and points of sensitivity
- Ability to serve as a manager and mentor to junior staff within a supportive, team building environment
Qualifications we’re looking for:
- Someone who has worked at an agency or someone who has managed an agency and loves the fast paced, think-on-your-feet environment
- Very strong media relationships and a proven track record of executing successful media campaigns
- BA / BS in public relations, communications, marketing, or acceptable related field
- 5+ years public relations experience
- Very strong tactical writing experience in both long and short form
- Excellent judgement and problem-solving skills
- Very organized and able to handle multiple work streams, schedules and budgets
- Very detail oriented, attentive and accurate
- Very strong initiative, leadership skills and work ethic
- Creative, strategic thinker
- High energy and a positive attitude
- Comfort working independently and, in a team-oriented environment
Who we are:
Maven provides a great work environment where we expect you to work smart and love what you do. In addition to the work that we do for our clients, giving back to the community is a big part of the Maven culture. Through our Maven Gives Back volunteer program, all employees are permitted to use as many work hours as they’d like to volunteer for a cause that is important to them. In 2019, Maven was named a Corporate Philanthropy Award Winner by The Philadelphia Inquirer.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare coverage including dental
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Parental leave
- Paid professional development
- Summer Friday schedule
- Day off on your birthday
- At home office set up / laptop provided for hybrid working environment
- Maven is currently working on a hybrid office schedule, with two days in the office each week.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com