Assistant Account Executive
Maven is seeking a talented assistant account executive to join our growing team.
Maven Communications, one of the region’s most respected integrated PR/communications agencies, is currently seeking an assistant account executive to join our growing team. Maven provides high impact public relations and integrated communications services to our client roster of B-to-B and B-to-C companies across a variety of industries including banking, healthcare, nonprofit, and professional services. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter, team player, and a strategic thinker. You will work alongside a seasoned team of professionals, supporting PR and social media campaigns for clients across industries.
- Monitor relevant media daily on behalf of clients and identify relevant topics and trends
- Conduct research to support client initiatives and media angles
- Research and create media lists
- Draft press materials and conduct basic media outreach for announcements
- Maintain media coverage trackers
- Create and maintain content calendars, draft content, and monitor client blogs, social feeds, and other channels for relevant content
- Coordinate with designers for social images
- Maintain social media trackers
- Monitor specific social media accounts daily
- Platform engagement and monitoring
- Prepare social media reports and presentations
- Prepare agendas for weekly calls and track next steps on behalf of clients
- Maintain Google docs and Excel spreadsheets to ensure accuracy in client reports
- Familiarize and learn to use industry monitoring and reporting tools, such as Meltwater, PR Newswire, and Sprout.
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in communications, digital media, public relations or relevant major
- At least one year of relevant experience, which can include internships
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Client service oriented
- Team first approach
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and switch topics quickly
- Creative, strategic thinker
- Strong work ethic
- Detail oriented
Compensation and Benefits
Maven provides a great working environment where people work hard and have fun! In addition to the work that we do for our clients, giving back to the community is a big part of the Maven culture. Through our Maven Gives Back volunteer program, all employees are permitted to use as many work hours as they’d like to volunteer for a cause that is important to them. In 2019, Maven was named a Corporate Philanthropy Award Winner by The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Benefits included with this position include:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Flexible work environment (hybrid WFH/in person model)
- Health insurance
- Paid professional development
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Summer Friday schedule
- Day off on your birthday
- At home office set up / laptop/camera provided
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.