2017 has not been a great year for many nonprofits, especially many in the Philadelphia area. For various, mostly political reasons (which this blog post will not get into), many local nonprofits have suffered due to loss of funding and volunteers.
As a community-minded firm, we at Maven decided that we just couldn’t sit around and watch it happen. In March of this year we started a volunteer initiative where all employees are permitted to take as much work time as they’d like to volunteer for an organization (or organizations) that serves a cause they believe in.
We’re proud to announce that in just 7 months, together we have volunteered 100 hours! The nonprofits are varied and are listed below. We are proud of everyone at Maven for spending their time giving back and we plan to continue this initiative indefinitely.
– Jessica and Rebecca
Nonprofits where Maven employees have volunteered in 2017:
- Bala House Montessori School
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Southeastern Pennsylvania
- Gift of Life Family House
- Girls Inc., Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
- Kennett Symphony
- Philadelphia Arts and Business Council
- Planned Parenthood
- PRSSA – Drexel University
- Roman Catholic High School
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by Jessica Sharp